Many Inventors trying to bring their product ideas promote are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I gives you a involving some for the reasons you could have gotten denied. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully it will give you something to look into.
You wish how to pitch an invention idea to a company realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers competition! Yes, you still need to own a good idea but you will discover that it doesn’t matter how to get a Patent On an idea good a perception you might imagine it is that you may still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all period. Even if it does not make sense to you that would certainly reject an understanding that they agree that i see profitable. Here are a couple common purposes why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The company may already have a complete collection of providers not desperate to add somewhat more.
2. Makes use of is outside their marketplace.
3. You sent your submission to the wrong part of the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it on the right one.
4. You sent viewed as unsolicited without contacting corporation first to check their submission policy, in addition they rejected it solely on that agreement.
5. You didn’t have proper contact about your entry. (That is one of the most effective mistakes Inventors make. The company will not bother to be able to you on paper.)
6. Include too many similar products and that market is flooded proper.
7. Your idea interests a minimal niche market and would like mass market items.
8. Price of to manufacture versus the return on investment is just too high.
9. Your sales sheet never did WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with a lot information to sort because of.
10. Your product has recently been patented by someone else and don’t want to ascertain if they might go around it or risk infringement trouble.
11. Your products or idea isn’t compared to what is on the marketplace. This tells them you didn’t research your idea very nicely and don’t own a clue who other sellers is looking.
12. You sent a product that is exactly like their current product and that current technique are a marginal seller. So yours will not fare much better.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps is on the downswing compared to what is departing from out a year later.
14. They have a better solution than yours their works for release that coming year. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea whether or not the company has already invested in molds, how to Pitch an invention idea to a Company engineering, samples, etc prior to the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. Goes on a masse. Inventors forget that they aren’t the sole ones creating.)
15. They have received another similar idea from another Inventor and are in negotiations with that Inventor.
16. You need to posted your idea unprotected online in one of those invention posting sites where others vote on your products to see if there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the actual concerned whether any patent protection properly allowed and turns it down based on that issue.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the significant prototype on youtube and have a significant number of hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated which you’ve got an issued patent, but when they do a quick look on your patent they discover that it has lapsed due to non-payment of fees and it has been lapsed significantly beyond the due associate with. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You have a patent, can be challenging was poorly written and doesn’t cover far more product. (This happens a lot)
20. You then have a design patent and designing around your patent is a simple task, to ensure that you they should be expecting very little protection avaiable for purchase.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t take a outside ideas and doesn’t publicize individuals. So you get a rejection letter, but which are explain they never look right out of the company.
22. You sent them your product but these have decided about their line for that year and therefore following year and are not open to taking on anything else at period.
23. Simply consider items with a sales history they can review nicely item has never been being produced or sold stores or online. So that they really do n’t need to go ahead and take risk getting the first company advertising it.
As I stated above these are simply a few for this reasons you can have your idea/product rejected the company. Really take time to plumbing service and understand your market, your place in that market and do your part to make yourself as marketable maybe can.